Digby Architectural was formerly known as RB Consulting.
Digby Architectural specialise in architectural surveys, urban design, planning permissions, permitted development rights, and building regulations approvals for household extensions, new builds, conversions, and the re-modelling of dwellings.
Digby Architectural offer a free no-obligation one hour consultation at your property, so please contact us to arrange an appointment. We practice in and around Oxford and the surrounding towns and villages. Digby Architectural will submit applications on your behalf to the council and act as agent.
A Typical Job
A two-storey side extension, single-storey rear extension, and the conversion of a former garage into a utility room.
- Initial consultation meeting.
- Fee quotation provided depending on scope of work and property.
- Agreement of quotation and acknowledgement.
- If required, the carrying out of a measured survey.
- Drawing up of existing plans, elevations, and sections.
- The preparation of proposals sketches.
- A meeting in order that a scheme can be agreed.
- Preparation of planning application drawings (plans, elevations, and sections).
- If required, preparation of a written design and access statement.
- Submission of a planning application / permitted development / prior approval to the council.
- Monitoring of the application once it has been submitted and liaising with the planners, if required.
- Once a decision has been reached by the council, a meeting to discuss the next stages, if required.
- If required, the preparation of a full set of working drawings and specification notes.
- Submission of the Building Regulations application.
- The appointing of a structural engineer and party wall surveyor, if required.
- Going out to tender if required to builders for quotations.
- Putting the client in touch with recommended builders. The building inspector will inspect the work once on-site and the building contractor to manage the job. Digby Architectural are happy to provide some assistance.
Please contact us to see how we can help you with your project.